Experience the grandeur of Versailles Palace and Gardens on a small-group tour that includes skip-the-line access, so you don't have to wait in the queue. With a maximum of only 14 people per group, this small-group trip to Versailles ensures a more intimate experience. There is a certain magic that fizzes through the air at the Palace of Versailles. Hidden away from the modern world, this majestic European castle on the outskirts of Paris is a perfectly preserved example of the reckless extravagance of the French monarchy.
The famous Palace of Versailles is Parisian life at its most luxurious, with gold-brushed furniture, quilted four-poster beds and lush rolling lawns that stretch as far as the eye can see. Marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles, one of the most beautiful castles in the world with an astonishing 700 rooms.
- Half-day, small-group tour of the Palace of Versailles
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines at Versailles
- The tour also includes the famous Versailles fountain show or musical gardens on selected days
- Chateau of Versailles guided tour
- Stroll through the statue-filled palace gardens
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people, ensuring a more personalized experience
Inside the palace, peruse its incredible array of fine art and the intricate design of its 1,250 fireplaces as you work your way through the castle, including the King and Queen's apartments, the Chapel, the Coronation Room, Hall of Mirrors and the Salon of Abundance. Your guide will talk you through the rooms as you pass them, each one entirely different from the next. And just when you think that you have seen all that the Palace of Versailles has to offer, you'll burst into the sunlight and encounter its dazzling gardens, more than 1,800 acres in size.
Versailles Palace + Show
Entrance to the Palace plus:
- Versailles Fountain Display - See the magnificent Versailles Fountains Display, known as the Grand Eaux. It's a wonderful live concert held in the groves, designed by Andre Le Notre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on Tuesday (8, 15, 22-26 and 29 May), and Saturday, Sunday (01 May - 28 October). No show on Thursday.
- Musical Gardens Show - Be enchanted by the musical gardens event – Jardins Musicaux, as it's known. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. The musical gardens event runs on Tuesday (01 - 15 May and 03 July - October 23. No show on Thurs, Sat or Sun.
Less than five minutes walk from Versailles Palace
Depart at 3pm (arrive strictly at 2:45pm)
2 hours, 45 minutes
The tour concludes at the Gardens of Versailles so you will have the opportunity to continue an independent visit.