The MercedesCup is an ATP World Tour 250 event held in Stuttgart, Germany.
The tournament, which was first held in 1916, was a clay-court event till 2014; from 2015 onwards it is shifting to grass courts and will be held in the week after the French Open. As a clay-court event, the Mercedes Cup was won by some of the stalwarts of the game including Rafael Nadal, Andre Agassi, Björn Borg, and Ivan Lendl. The winners not only get a trophy, the cash prize, and 250 ATP points but also a brand new Mercedes-Benz. Stuttgart, the host city, is the capital of the state of Baden-Württemberg in southwest Germany, and the country’s sixth-largest city. Known as the “cradle of the automobile” Stuttgart is more than just an industrial powerhouse, with vineyards, parks, museums, and galleries. Visit Stuttgart this June and enjoy this great city while you watch some exceptional tennis!
Traveling by VVS railway, subway and buses
The tournament site is only a few minutes walking distances from the Killesberg (park site and the Killesberghöhe) and well–connected to the public transportation network. You can reach the tournament site by:
- All railway lines from across the region Stuttgart stop at the Main Train station. From there you can easily switch to the “Stadtbahn” or the bus.
- Take the special subway line Stadtbahn-Sonderlinie “Killesberg“ from Möhringen and the Stadtbahn U5 from Leinfelden via Degerloch, Olgaeck, Charlottenplatz, Schloßplatz, Main Train station, Stadtbibliothek directly to Killesberg – runs every 10 minutes.
- Take the bus line 44 from Westbahnhof via Stuttgart-West, Charlottenplatz, and Main Train Station directly to Killesberg – runs every 10 minutes.
- Take the bus line 43 from Stuttgart-Feuersee via Charlottenplatz, Wilhelmsbau, Liederhalle, Doggenburg and Kräherwald directly to Killesberg – runs every 10 minutes.
We definitely recommend using public transportation. Your journey will be much more comfortable and you are more likely to arrive at the MercedesCup on time. Your MercedesCup ticket is a valid public transportation ticket for both ways, within the VVS-Network
Shuttle Service from Park & Ride parking lots to the tournament site
On both, the qualifying and the finals weekend, Saturdays and Sundays there are complimentary shuttles from the stated P&R parking lots commuting to the tournament site according to the times below:
Shuttle-Bus Stop at P&R: Uni Vaihingen (Address: Pfaffenwaldring 21 and 59, 70569 Stuttgart)
- Shuttle-Bus from Uni Vaihingen to TC Weissenhof, every 30 min.:
- First ride: 9:30 am
- Last ride: 30 min after last match is completed
- Shuttle-Bus from TC Weissenhof back to Uni Vaihingen, every 30 min.:
- First ride: 10:00 am
- Last ride: 60 min after last match is complete
Shuttle-Bus Stop at P&R: Mercedes Benz Bank (Address: Siemensstr. 7, 70469 Stuttgart-Feuerbach)
- Shuttle-Bus from Mercedes Benz Bank to TC Weissenhof, every 15-20 min.:
- First ride: 9:45 am
- Last ride: approx. 40 min after last match is completed
- Shuttle-Bus from TC Weissenhof back to Mercedes Benz Bank, every 15-20 min.:
- Last ride: 60 min after last match is completed
Traveling by Plane
If you are traveling by train please use the city railway right below the arrival hall of the Stuttgart Airport and stop when you arrive at Stuttgart main train station (approx. 25 minutes). From there please take the Stadtbahn-Sonderlinie "Killesberg" und Stadtbahn U5 in direction Killesberg. From Killesberg station, you can walk to the MercedesCup within 5 minutes.